Hello dear fellow book lovers! Today I will be sharing my book choices for this MID-YEAR BOOK FREAKOUT TAG!
June has come and passed us by, tipping us into the second half of this astonishing year. I’m sure you can easily decipher this both ways – half the year has passed by so fast and yet one wonders where the six months went. As a person from Assam, India, I have seen my own share of ups and down since December of 2019 when the anti-CAA protests shook my motherland and many of us Gen X to Gen Z realized and lived through ‘curfews’. Many of us went out and took to the streets to protest and ever since then, as these state-wide protests delayed finals and pushed them into January 2020, we were convinced that that was it. We had seen our fair share and it was enough. But it was not so. The movie wasn’t yet over.
It was the 15th of March, Sunday and I was lying on my bed, sad as I had just bid farewell to my friend who had come over for a weekend sleepover. That evening things took an unbelivable turn. It was declared that all educational institutions would be closed off from the next day, i.e., the 16th of March. And that’s the way it has been so far. It is July and I can see so end to this lockdown, what with the numbers going up everyday.
I think that was a pretty long introduction for this blogpost, or a rant, rather, but the word ‘freakout’ in the title itself perhaps sanctions that. And as we all know, 2020 is no ordinary year.
T A G Q U E S T I O N S
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020 – SWIMMING IN THE DARK by Tomas Jedrowski.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2020 – THE VANISHING STAIR by Maureen Johnson.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to – A SONG OF WRAITHS AND RUIN by Roseanne A. Brown.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year – THE ONLY GOOD INDIANS by Stephen Graham Jones.
5. Biggest disappointment – none, tbh…
6. Biggest surprise – AGNES AT THE END OF THE WORLD by Kelly McWilliams.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you) – Sarah J Maas!
8. Newest fictional crush – Jason from THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST, by Abby Jimenez.
9. Newest favourite character – Bryce Quinlan from CRESCENT CITY: HOUSE OF EARTH AND BLOOF, by Sarah J Maas.
10. Book that made you cry – THE TROUBLE WE KEEP by Cara Devlin.
11. Book that made you happy – APHRODITE MADE ME DO IT by Trista Mateer.
12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received) – A FORT OF NINE TOWERS by Qais Akbar Omar.
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? – NINTH HOUSE by Leigh Bardugo, ATONEMENT by Ian McEwan, THE SECRET HISTORY by Donna Tartt, and FIND ME by Andre Aciman.
- Normal People: Book vs Adaptation!
- Making bookstagram props!
- Top 10 Books in my Audible TBR!
- May BuJo Setup!
- Audiobook playlist!
- Bookshelf Tour Pt.1
- How I Annotate my Books
- Reading Challenge: I read 11 books in a week!
- Women-centric literature: A book list
- Delving into Audiobooks!
- How to Ace Online University!
- Why You Should Stop Using Linktree and Create Your Own Landing Page!
- How to read 250+ books a year!